League of Ribbons
The Eugene M. & Christine E. Lynn Cancer Institute was built on the principle that the best cancer care requires united, single-minded efforts of physicians, staff, patients and their families. The League of Ribbons is being created as a force to bring together the talent, heart and dedication of people who want to support the Lynn Cancer Institute and its mission to be united in purpose and to stand empowered against cancer.
We welcome the participation and energy of the whole community: cancer survivors, family members of our patients, physicians and staff, as well as their families, and residents of our region. In the future, we plan to establish memberships, committees, a newsletter and various ways to inspire our patients and each other. Some of these initiatives may include:
- LCI Resource Fund – gift cards for Publix and gas
- Educational / Screening Programs for cancer patients, their families, caregivers and the community at-large
- Oncology Educational Enhancement Programs for LCI staff
- Wellness Programs for cancer patients, their families and caregivers
- Fundraising events to promote awareness of the League of Ribbons and to work with various community partners to highlight cancer awareness
We believe that talent, time, finances, ideas and a willingness to become an advocate for the Lynn Cancer Institute will not only enhance patient services and the lives of the cancer patients; but will also allow us to ensure that patients in our region are aware of the Lynn Cancer Institute and the unique care we provide. Please check our website for information on the League of Ribbons, upcoming events and how to make a donation, be a sponsor or registered runner / walker at the Second Annual Run 4 the Ribbons!
League of Ribbons Upcoming fundraising events:
- June 2, 2013 – Run 4 the Ribbons and Cancer Survivors Day
- August 6, 2013 – FondueRaiser at the Melting Pot Restaurant – part of Boca Chamber Festival Days