Registered Nurse - Charge
|Department:||Marcus Neuroscience Institute |
|Schedule:||Full time |
|Shift:||Night Shift |
|Hours:||6:30PM - 7:00AM |
Registered Nurse / Charge Nurse – Neuro ICU / Marcus Neuroscience Institute
This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of a brand new Neuroscience Institute. The neuro intensive care unit will consist of 10 beds with an average patient ratio of 2:1. RNs on this unit will primarily care for critically ill neuroscience patients to include but not limited to: strokes, tumors, hydrocephalus, increased ICP, and seizures.
Our Ideal Candidate…
The ideal RN-Charge Nurse candidate for this department will have a minimum of 4 years of neuro ICU experience. Candidates must have excellent critical thinking and time management skills. He/she will have previous experience with planning, controlling and evaluating patient care services and personnel in a critical care setting.
- Current Florida Registered Nurse Licensure
- Current BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association
- CNRN certification is strongly preferred.
- Previous Charge Nurse experience preferred
- Minimum 4 years of critical care experience in a neuroscience setting is required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
One Team. One Mission.
Delivering the highest quality patient care is our mission and it’s up to each and every one of us, in every department, to fulfill it. Our patient care team extends well beyond our clinicians and technologists. We all have individual roles to play; but we are all united by our common goals and shared values. It’s about collaboration and individual accountability, which makes us better as professionals and as an organization.
The big difference between good and best are small details. That’s why we pay unrelenting attention to clinical excellence, patient satisfaction and patient safety. Always going the extra mile for our patients and each other is what makes us a regional health care leader that delivers the highest quality patient care.
About the area…
Boca Raton, familiarly known to locals by its first name "Boca," truly has it all. Beaches and golf courses; fine hotels and wondrous art museums; jazz clubs and concerts at Mizner Park; the glittery Town Center at Boca Raton shopping mall, with 220 upscale and elite specialty shops; and, elsewhere around town, countless family-owned boutiques. And let's not forget fine restaurants, some of the best in the south.
- Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.
- The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
- In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Human Resources Department at 561-955-4075.