Patient Access Representative
Administrative/ Clerical/ Office
|Department:||Patient Access |
|Schedule:||Full time |
|Shift:||Day Shift |
|Hours:||8:00AM - 4:30PM (Flexibility Required) |
Responsible for ensuring the registrations are accurate, benefits and authorizations are obtained, and co-payments, deductibles and deposits are obtained.
Position Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Expected to have the ability to work independently, recognize errors and make necessary corrections.
- Expected to knowledge of, or ability to learn the HBOC Star Registration System.
- Expected to have basic mathematical skills.
- Expected to have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Expected to register patients according to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Expected to identify and verify insurance plans and to enter the correct information in the computer system.
- Expected to request and document payment of all applicable patient co-payments, deductibles, and deposits.
- Expected to ensure that all pre-certification requirements have been met within the specified time frame as detailed by the insurance contract.
- Expected to obtain all required signatures and complete all required forms, including Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire and the Advance Beneficiary Notice Form.
- Expected to write simple correspondence.
- Expected to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) OR One to three months of related experience
- Licensure/Regulation/Certification- N/A
*Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.
*The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
*In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Human Resources Department at 561-955-4075.