Lab Billing and Outreach Representative
Administrative/ Clerical/ Office
|Department:||Outreach Lab |
|Schedule:||Full time |
|Shift:||Day Shift |
Responsible for various functions involving Outreach Customer service and support, billing duties related to outreach and reference send out testing..
Position Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Expected to monitor client report fax transmissions.
- Expected to print monthly STAR Outreach billing and review.
- Expected to coordinate billing information for Outreach Clients including nursing home billing census, follow up on missing information and re-bill outreach accounts on contract vs. insurance.
- Expected to review STAR Late Charge and Failed Bill reports and make appropriate changes as necessary.
- Expected to review and follow-up/correct any Business Office Medicare Rejections Abstracts, Star Maintain Claims by Account Processor Report, Star Patient Accounts Registered Daily.
- Expected to print daily STAR charge log for Pathology and Lab.
- Expected to assist Director on Charge-master Review.
- Expected to review reference Lab billing invoices and manual charging of Miscellaneous reference orders including reflex testing.
- Expected to update Misys physician database per Medical Staff Office updates.
- Expected to provide outreach customer support and work with Outreach Manager on issues.
- Expected to support Business Office research requests (audits/orders/DOS/patient complaints).
- Expected to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Expected to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization.
- Expected to communicate in both written and verbal English.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to five years related experience and/or training
*Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.
*The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
*In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Human Resources Department at 561-955-4075.