How to Become a Debbie-Rand Teenage Volunteer (TAV) at Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Teenage volunteers are an integral part of the volunteer scene at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. The Hospital and Debbie-Rand Memorial Service League consider each TAV an essential part of our happy family. The staff, employees, auxilians love them. But best of all, our patients love them. They are our future!
Requirements for becoming a TAV:
- The teenager must be at least age 15 and have completed eighth grade. The teenager may continue in the TAV program until six months after high school graduation, or until they turn 18 years of age.
- The first step in the process will be the completion of an application and submission of $25.00 for dues and jacket. After the teenager returns the application, they will be scheduled for the next interview session. Our next interview session will be held on May 23, 2014. Those who have not returned a completed application dues by 3:00pm on April 25, 2014, will not be allowed to come to the interview.
- If after the interview, the teenager is selected to participate in the program, the TAV will be invited to the next orientation.
- Orientations are normally held twice a year.
- The dress code for all volunteers is as follows: blue uniform jacket with khaki or white pants and white or conservative shoes (no sandals or high heels).
If you have any questions regarding the requirements please call the volunteer office at (561) 955-4098. Additional information that TAVs should know:
- TAVs are required to give notice when they will be unable to work - as far in advance as possible.
- While D-RMSL does not provide recomendation letters, verification of hours will be given upon advance request of the TAV.
- Applications for the annual D-RMSL scholarship(s) are available in the auxiliary office. Senior TAVs who have completed at least 200 hours of service are eligible to apply. Criteria for the scholarship and the deadline for submitting the application are detailed on the application. If there are any other questions, please call the volunteer office at (561) 955-4098.