BECAUSE WE CARE: VISITOR GUIDELINES
To protect the health and safety of our patients, employees and medical
staff, our visitor policy is as follows:
- Patients admitted with COVID: One visitor at a time.
- Inpatient Units: 10:00 a.m.-7 p.m. One visitor at a time.
- Critical Care Units: 10:00 a.m.-7 p.m. One visitor at a time.
- Emergency Department: One visitor per patient.
- Surgery: One visitor in waiting room as capacity allows.
- Outpatient services and procedures in hospital: One visitor in waiting
room as capacity allows.
- Labor & Delivery: One designated support person may be present at all times.
* Please note that guests must be 18 or older and will be screened. Masks
will be provided and must be worn at all times during the visit. Visitor
guidelines are subject to change.
Lynn Cancer Institute
To continue protecting our immunocompromised cancer patients, we are limiting
visitors. Patients may bring one healthy adult companion (age 18 or older)
to their initial appointment with a physician. If a patient has a physical
or cognitive impairment, a healthy adult companion will be allowed to
accompany the patient at their appointment(s), on a case by case basis.
Companions with recent COVID-19 diagnosis, symptoms or exposure are not
considered “healthy” and will not be permitted to enter. Patients
are encouraged to use smartphones or other mobile devices to be able to
include loved ones during critical conversations with physicians.
The following will be required of individuals while inside Lynn Cancer
Face Masks continue to be required at all times for all persons, as we
continue to care for a patient population that is more vulnerable than
the general public.
Social distancing within our facilities. If there is not enough space to
maintain appropriate social distance, visitors may be asked to wait in
a designated area until the patient’s appointment is complete.
Beyond these examples, visitor permission may be granted by the patient
care team on a case-by-case basis. Exceptions will be made for pediatrics,
oncology and other special circumstances.