Heart and Vascular
||Protocol Title & Purpose
W. Anthony Lee, MD, FACS
|Physician-Sponsored IDE:"Evaluation of Branch Endografts in the Treatment
of Aortic Aneurysms"
Patient must have one of the following:
- Adult, 18 years and older
- Degenerative, atherosclerotic thoracoabdominal, suprarenal and juxtarenal
aortic aneurysms (fusiform or saccular): ≥55 mm in diameter in a male
or ≥ 50 mm in diameter in a female, or
- Thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm with a history of growth ≥ 0.5 cm per year, or
- Penetrating ulcers: ≥ 20 mm in depth, or
- Chronic type B aortic dissections: ≥ 50 mm total aortic diameter, or
- Symptomatic pathology (aneurysm, ulcer or chronic dissection) of any size.
- Additional criteria for LP material: Iliofemoral access vessels < 8
mm or with significant atherosclerotic occlusive disease that would require
an iliac conduit as determined by the PI.