Wold Family Center for Emergency Medicine
Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Wold Family Center for Emergency Medicine is among the top five percent in the nation for emergency medicine, and a recipient of the HealthGrades® Emergency Medicine Excellence Award for the third consecutive year (2010-2012).
We have 43 updated and all-private treatment rooms that feature the latest in diagnostic and patient- support technology. Our Newly remodeled triage and nursing stations provide greater efficiency and improved communications between caregivers and patients and family members. We also have a new and spacious waiting area for improved comfort and ease during the waiting period.
Highly Respected & Trusted Emergency Care Center
We have received the American Heart Association / American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines®- Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award 2012. Additionally, we are one of only four hospitals in Palm Beach County to be designated by the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, and is ranked #1 in Florida for treatment of stroke by HealthGrades® in 2011.
How else does our emergency medicine center stand out?
- Staffed with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals specially trained to treat stroke patients with the most advanced therapies available and ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Utilizes induced hypothermia in the treatment of cardiac arrest patients.
- New “Care Partner” program provides liaisons between the staff, patients, and their loved ones to enhance communication and overall service.
- Physicians diagnose and treat more than 55,000 patients a year including acute care and minor injuries.
- Lifenet® technology sends real-time 12-lead EKGs of the heart from EMS, allowing doctors to evaluate a patient’s cardiac condition prior to arrival.
The Center for Emergency Medicine at Boca Regional meets the American Heart Association’s 60 to 90 minutes Door-to-Balloon time in 100 percent of its heart attack patients. Less than one-third of hospitals meet this goal. Our state-of-the-art patient electronic medical records system also automates processes, resulting in increased efficiency in patient treatment and flow.
You can contact The Wold Family Center for Emergency Medicine at 561.955.7100