Meet the Team
The radiation oncology team works together to ensure you have the highest quality of care and all the support you need during your radiation therapy treatment schedule. Your team includes:
- Radiation oncologist – a doctor specially trained to treat cancer with radiation and oversee your care
- Radiation therapist – a therapist trained and licensed to deliver radiation therapy under the supervision of your radiation oncologist
- Radiation oncology nurse - a registered nurse trained in oncology who will coordinate your care during your radiation treatment
- Medical physicists – a physicist with advanced training and certification who helps design your treatment plan and monitors the radiation treatment machines for accuracy and to ensure they are working properly
- Dosimetrist – a medical professional with knowledge in radiology, physics, and anatomy and physiology, who make sure the right amount of radiation is delivered during your radiation treatment
You will also have the help and support of your social worker, nutritionist and every member of the radiation oncology team.