Kathryn Krickstein Pressel MammoVan
Schmidt Family Center For Breast Care
Morgan Pressel learned what it takes to be a champion when she became the youngest player ever to win a major championship in 2007. Today, she is a champion for a cause close to her heart – breast cancer. “My mother, Kathryn Krickstein Pressel, passed away when I was only 15, but I made it my goal as a professional athlete to raise awareness and funds to fight breast cancer,” Morgan says.
Through her contributions, along with the Morgan Pressel Foundation and St. Andrews Country Club, made the Kathryn Krickstein Pressel MammoVan a reality. The van travels throughout South Florida to provide early breast cancer detection services and breast health education.
The van includes customized mammography and exam suites, lovely waiting area, a calming Wave Wall design and the most advanced 3D Mammography – the Senographe Pristina. Pristina is faster, quieter and has rounded corners with contoured armrests instead of handgrips to maximize comfort during the breast exam. The Pristina was designed to help reduce pain, discomfort and anxiety for patients to improve the mammography experience while providing our radiologists with high-quality images.
The Kathryn Krickstein Pressel Mammovan typically travels 10,000 miles and visits close to 200 sites each year. Since 2010, the Kathryn Krickstein Pressel MammoVan has performed more than 13,000 mammograms and diagnosed 42 women with cancer.
- Internationally renowned radiologists in breast health imaging
- No prescriptions needed for screening mammograms (over the age of 40)
- State-of-the-art imaging technology
- The convenience of bringing the excellent service directly to you
- All results available within 2 business days
APPOINTMENT REQUESTS ON THE MAMMOVAN
When you know the date that the Van is scheduled at your site or event, click below to request an appointment.
REQUEST THE MAMMOVAN FOR YOUR EVENT OR COMMUNITY VISIT
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR VISIT
- The MammoVan provides screening mammography for women 35 and older who are not experiencing any symptoms. If you are under 35 years old or have any issues with your breasts, please contact 561.955.5107 for assistance
- A prescription is highly recommended but not required for a screening mammogram. However depending on your insurance company, one may be required for the exam. By having a prescription, we can ensure that your healthcare provider receives the results of your examination in a timely manner.
- If you have had your breast imaging elsewhere in the past, we require that you obtain those previous images and reports prior to your appointment. It is very important that the radiologist is able to compare your current mammogram with any past mammograms to be able to detect if there are any changes to your breasts. If you are unable to obtain the prior images, please complete the Medical Release Form and fax it to 561-955-2948. If you need further assistance, please call our Medical Records department and they will be happy to assist you at 561-955-5000.
For ease on the day of your appointment, please:
- Wear a two piece outfit for your comfort
- Bring your prescription if you have one, your ID card, and your insurance cards
- If you are a new patient, bring your prior breast imaging CDs, films, and/or reports
- Bring your completed Personal History Form
- Medical Release Form: This form should be filled out and faxed to The Schmidt Family Center for Breast Care-Medical Records department in order to expedite and facilitate obtaining of your prior imaging. It is very important for us to have any prior breast imaging available at the time of your exam so the radiologist can compare them to your recent exam to determine if there are any changes in the breasts. If you have questions about your prior imaging, please call 561-955-5000.
- Personal History Form: It is important that we have your personal and family history updated at each visit. This information is used to evaluate and determine your risk for developing breast cancer. Please complete this form and bring it with you on the day of your appointment. If you have any questions about this form, please call 561-955-6284.